One of the goals of the Centenary Initiative is to find a way to increase the amount of German literature available on the battle – both in German language as well as in translation.
Many of the original German language texts were printed in hard-to-read Gothic Fraktur text. We have found a way, using Optical character recognition (OCR) software to translate these text with around 90% accuracy. The remaining 10% we are manually finishing to eliminate obviuously computer-generated text with a human touch.
This is where you come in. Do you want to be a part of the project ?
- You can either volunteer to finish a chapter
- or take on an entire book
- You may suggest a book to us for OCR